I was off on vacation for the past two weeks and while I was away the new edition of Knitscene Magazine came out with some great summer patterns:
There are some cute sweaters in this issue – tees, tanks, and cardigans. But my favourite of all of them? Faye Kennington‘s Taffy Cowl. I interviewed Faye last fall (see the interview here) and I am so pleased to see her pattern in this issue! Congrats Faye!
Also while I was away, many of my favourite indie knitting designers released these beautiful knitting patterns:
- Alicia Plummer‘s newest sweater pattern is Polished, a nice relaxed and comfortable pullover in an aran weight yarn.
- Laura Chau‘s Crestline Cardigan is a fingering weight short-sleeved cardigan with a pretty lace section on the lower body.
- Florrick by Justyna Lorkowska is a beautiful cardigan with a twisted rib cable design on the back.
- Laura Aylor has a very pretty pullover, Seawater, which has pretty little eyelet details at the front and back neckline.
- Melissa Schaschwary‘s Sundog is a sweatshirt-like pullover with a drawstring neck detail that looks so comfy.
- Alyeska is a cute bulky weight lace cowl from Irish Girlie Knits.
- The Shiny Moss Blossom Loop by Monika Sirna is a colourful knitted cowl with the look of crochet.
- The Soul Happy cowl by Sara Gresbach is a two-in-one-pattern. Make the traditional cowl length or the infinity scarf length. It is designed in Malabrigo Merino Worsted – one of my favourite yarns!
- Augden by Julia Trice is a gorgeous cabled hat with a pom-pom – my favourite kind of hat lately!
- Alex Tinsley has several new hat patterns out this month: Boundless, which is available as a kit from Infinite Twist, Bemma, Apex, and Stairstepper.
- Laura Aylor‘s Sandpiper Shawl is a beautiful three colour fingering weight beauty.
- Aisling by Justyna Lorkowska is a beautiful cresent-shaped shawl that is absolutely gorgeous as shown in the two pale colours she has chosen. It is my favourite pattern in this list of indie designer knitting patterns!
I hope you find a favourite here too – happy knitting everyone!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.