As I get ready to head off on a tropical vacation (and take some travel knitting along with me!), I am drawn to spring and summer knitting patterns this week….
- Quince & Co.’s Sparrow 2015 collection has 5 beautiful patterns – 4 tops designed by Pam Allen and 1 scarf by Dawn Catanzaro. My favourite is the tank, Azalea. So delicate and summery!
- Knitty.com’s spring/summer issue has some great patterns, as always. I really like Mia, another light and airy tank.
- Don’t Pick The Wildflowers by Melissa Schaschwary is a lightweight hat and fingerless mitt set. The light colours and lacy inset make them perfect for warmer weather.
- Miriam Felton‘s Dalliance Shawl is light and summery in Anzula Breeze, a linen/silk blend. Her Parker Tee is cool and summery with a side lace panel.
- Knit.purl magazine’s spring/summer issue is full of great warm weather patterns. Check out this unique open-back tank: Open Back Bias Tank. Very cute!
- And if it’s going to still be a while before spring comes to your part of the world, how about adding a bright pop of spring colour under your coat collar with Felicia Lo’s Acacia Cowl designed in her SweetGeorgia Superwash Six yarn. The colour choices are gorgeous!
These are all great patterns and publications for planning your spring and summer knitting. I’ll be on vacation for two weeks and won’t be posting next Friday. See you two weeks from now!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.