This week I’m catching up after a holiday. There are some great new knitting patterns out from some of my favourite designers plus a couple of new knitting magazines to take a look at!
- Pom Pom Quarterly Autumn 2015 is out and contains a new pattern called Hitchcock from the Canadian team of tincanknits. Plus there are more beautiful patterns in this issue, including the gorgeous Magdalen scarf by Joji Locatelli on the cover. Be sure to check it out!
- Also from tincanknits is this beautiful lace wrap: Lodestar. It is designed in Rainbow Heirloom Lush DK, dyed by Emily Wessel who is half of the tincanknits design team. Emily’s yarns are beautiful as is this delightful pattern.
- The latest issue of knit.purl Fall/Winter 2015 (formerly knit.wear) contains lots of great patterns including the cute DotDotDot Cowl by Mari Chiba. This cowl is worked in a tube making it thick and plush along with a wonderful colourwork pattern of circles. I love it!
- sun kissed by Veronika Jobe is a beautiful lacy shawl pattern that is available for free and is designed in Veronika’s YOTH Yarns Little Brother and Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light. Gorgeous!
- I am so intrigued by the geometric lines of All Angles by Terri Kruse. This great little sweater uses a fun geometric pattern to add interest to a light, short-sleeved sweater designed in Malabrigo Sock.
- Jennifer Wood‘s Syncopated Cables Collection is the latest Malabrigo Freelance Pattern Project (or MFPP). It includes two sweaters, Lillian and Lizbeth – and a cowl, Lizzie. There are lots of gorgeous cables in yummy Malabrigo yarns!
- The Florencia Cowl by Faye Kennington, another fabulous Canadian designer, is designed in Willow Yarns Attire Light and is available as a Willow Yarns kit or a pattern download. So pretty.
- Mezcal by Thea Colman is another great sweater pattern from this designer. This cardigan has just the right balance of lace and stockinette along with a very beautiful collar.
- Seasmoke by Laura Aylor is a beautiful triangular shawl available for 30% off until Monday. Get it – quick!
Well, now that I am back after a holiday, these beautiful patterns are all inspiring me to get back to work. Let’s get knitting!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.