The Spring Shawl KAL has come to an end and there are so many pretty shawls to admire. Plus, I had a wonderful time meeting knitters, gaining a few new test knitters, and chatting about shawls, knitting, and lots of fun stuff. I was so pleased at the positive response and the number of participants.
Take a look at these stats:
- We had 47 participants knitting 6 different shawl patterns!
- 34 participants finished a shawl and posted in the FO thread.
- There were 9 completed Simple Spring Shawls.
- There were also 9 completed Sweet Summer Shawls.
- We had 5 completed Summer Lace Shawls.
- There were also 5 completed Vine Stripe Shawls.
- We had 4 finished Zigzag Diamond Shawls.
- And we had 2 finished Lacy Lady Shawlettes.
- 5 knitters completed two shawls each and one knitter even finished 4 shawls (and had a baby in her spare time!)!
I am so grateful to our prize sponsors who really helped to make this such a successful KAL. Ashley at Red Sock Blue Sock Yarn was so supportive. Not only did she take part in the KAL but she also provided the grand prize of a Gradient Collection of her gorgeous yarn. Soak donated a bottle of Unleash, their Ravelry-inspired fibre wash. Alicia Plummer gave us 3 free patterns. I also gave away 3 free LMD patterns.
Here are our prize winners:
- The Red Sock Blue Sock gradient collection went to tenderknitheart.
- The bottle of Soak went to msjodi777.
- The Alicia Plummer patterns went to mrskatherinemott, RabbitEars, and Melissa724.
- My LMD free patterns went to JasmineRose, WhiteWillow, and fiberdiet.
Thank you sponsors!! And thank you to all of the knitters who took part. Let’s get together again soon for another LMD KAL, okay?