When spring arrives, my mind turns to shawl design. So I’ve been noticing some beautiful new shawl patterns lately. Here are some of my top favourites of the week:
- Laura Aylor‘s triangular sport-weight Rorqual is shown in Madelinetosh Pashmina on the pattern page. I love this yarn and I can imagine that this beautiful shawl is soft and luxurious against the skin. Just lovely!
- Another sport-weight shawl is Follow Me by cabinfour. Shown in soft cream and grey, this shawl has a casual and comfortable look.
- Concurrence is a garter stitch triangular shawl from Susanna IC. This fingering-weight shawl drapes beautifully in the photos and looks like a great beginner shawl pattern.
- The Lilac Time Shawl by Nancy Bush caught my eye because of the beautiful Estonian lace pattern it uses. My mother is Estonian and learning to knit Estonain lace shawls is on my to-do list. The pattern is part of Nancy’s Estonian Lace Craftsy class. Hmmm…. this might be the perfect opportunity for me to dive in to Estonian Lace!
- Martina Behm has a new shawl pattern: Braidsmaid. It took no time at all for it to climb up the ‘Hot Right Now’ list on Ravelry. This garter stitch shawl showcases a reversible cable design. Gorgeous!
- And finally here is Ardent. This is a light and delicate looking eyelet and garter stitch shawl by Janina Kallio. She is a designer who is new to me, but I think I am now smitten with all of her beautiful shawl designs. Be sure to take a look. They are wonderful!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.