There have been some great knitting patterns published this week. First off, take a look at these great knitwear collections:
- Kim Hargreaves, a long-time knitwear designer for Rowan, has a collection of 21 beautiful warm weather patterns in Echoes. Ten of them are up on Ravelry now. See all of them here. I am in love with the lightweight sweaters: Drift, Ocean, and Wave. And I also really love the sleeveless Beaches. I think I have some Kidsilk Haze in my stash. I might just start swatching for Wave….
- Three beautiful sweaters were designed in Malabrigo yarns by Nadia Crétin-Léchenne for her Casual Friday Collection. This collection is part of the Malabrigo Freelance Pattern Project (MFPP) and uses Malabrigo Sock, Rios, and Arroyo. Beautiful!
- One of my favourite Canadian designer teams, Tin Can Knits, has been teasing us this week with sneak peeks at their upcoming collection, Max & Bodhi’s Wardrobe. The first pattern is a cute sweater: Playdate. You can pre-order the eBook now and begin receiving the patterns as they are released. The collection will contain 6 patterns and they are sized from baby to adult.
Some individual indie designer patterns are also out this week from some of my fave designers:
- I love Leoch from Melissa Schaschwary. It’s a light and airy worsted lace cowl/capelet that can be worn various ways. It’s perfect for spring.
- Amy Miller‘s Vanderbilt Hat and Cowl are gorgeous in Plucky Primo Sport.
- But my favourite for the week is Avelina by Triona Murphy. It’s a beautiful sleeveless sweater in reverse stockinette that is worked inside out in the round. Clever. And it’s beautiful with cable detailing at the neckline and hem. I am adding this one to my queue! It is simple, classic, and perfect for my summer wardrobe.
Which of these patterns is your favourite of the week?
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.