There is always so much happening in the online knitting world and it is hard to keep up. A case in point… For some reason I haven’t been paying attention to the recent Malabrigo Quickie and MFPP (Malabrigo Freelance Pattern Project) releases on the Malabrigo blog. That’s just not like me! Let’s catch up:
- This gorgeous MFPP collection, Shieldmaiden Knits, by Larissa Brown is truly beautiful. These chunky, Viking inspired knits all look warm and cozy.
- There have been a couple of great hat Quickie patterns released lately. Take a look at Odonata by Simone Kereit, a cute double-knit colourwork hat and 30-Round Rasta Hat by Elizabeth Green Musselman, which is truly a quickie project done in the super bulky Rasta.
- I think my two favourite recent Quickie patterns are Iker by Terri Kruse and the Flower Power Cowl and Mittens by Anne Podlesak. Iker is a sideways shawlette with short rows and stripes. The Flower Power set is a stranded floral matching set of mittens and cowl. I love the pink flowers on a black background. Gorgeous!
- Also of note is the Alternate, Basal and Cauline MFPP collection by Bunnymuff. These beautiful shawls are done in Silkpaca, Sock, and Silky Merino. So luxurious.
There were lots of great Ravelry patterns released this week. Here are my favourite accessory patterns:
- 11pm by Alicia Plummer is a bulky convertible cowl/scarf/shawl. Button it up to make a cowl/infinity scarf or unbutton it for a scarf or shawl. Great concept!
- Justyna Lorkowska released a collection of five cute and colourful hats: HATS yeah!
- Sara Gresbach’s Powder Hill cowl is gorgeous in Malabrigo Mecha.
And finally, you must make a visit to Kitterly.com. This online knitting store allows you to shop by project. Pick a pattern, choose a yarn, buy the correct needle or other accessories – and your project is sent to you with everything you need. Take a look at these new Kitterly.com exclusive patterns:
- Kirsten Kapur’s Helleborus Mitts and Hat set is cute and colourful in Malabrigo Rios.
- I love Carina Spencer’s Linden Loop cowl pattern in the pumpkin colourway of SweetGeorgia Yarns Superwash Worsted.
- Beth Kling’s Aplomb shawl looks soft and luxurious in Madelinetosh Pashmina.
I had no trouble finding these great patterns this week. I just wish I had time to knit them!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.