Happy New Year! After a holiday break, it’s time to get back to knitting and blogging. Here are my favourite new knitting patterns from the past weeks:
- One of my favourite designers, Alicia Plummer, released In Stillness. It’s a beautiful but simple sweater that is truly gorgeous. She and fellow designer Melissa Schaschwary are starting a huge sweater KAL with some truly awesome prizes in their group – Plum Dandi. I happen to already have her Birchbark sweater pattern and 7 skeins of Malabrigo Rios coming in the mail. I just might join that KAL…
- Stax is a beautiful hat pattern designed by Carina Spencer that she is offering for free until tomorrow. Get it quickly!
- I love every pattern that Justyna Lorkowska publishes and she is a hardworking designer with 3 patterns out in December: Calzetta is a really cute free hat pattern, Garfunkel is a great unisex cowl, and Hermit is an oversized shawl that looks so comfy and luxurious. Check out her website for more great patterns.
- The Elliston Scarf is new from Jane Richmond, a wonderfully talented Canadian designer.
- Veera Välimäki has also been busy in December with 18 new pattern releases. How does she do that? My favourites are the Vintage Highway cardigan and the Halfway Wrap.
- I also really enjoy Laura Aylor‘s designs and these two are beautiful in Madelintosh ASAP: Brightside is a cute little cowl and Outlier is an intriguing cowl/wrap/shawl.
Whew, a lot has happened while I was taking a break from blogging. I hope you enjoy this selection of new releases!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.