The Friday Follow-Up is a new feature on my blog. On Friday, I will follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things. Here’s what I noticed in the online knitting world this week:
- Some great tank/sleeveless top patterns were released on Ravelry: Dafne by Julie Hoover, Lateen by Bristol Ivy, and Beekeeper’s Tank by Nicole Montgomery. I love them all!
- Over on the purlbee.com, another tank pattern: Tulip Tank. This is a fun one with a tulip petal-like wrap effect on the back. Very clever.
- Joji Locatelli released a new cardigan pattern: Grandpa Cardigan, and it quickly shot to the top of the Hot Right Now list on Ravelry.
- Two new sock patterns from Rachel Coopey: Anis and Danae. Her socks are so cute.
- Alicia Plummer and Melissa Schaschwary announced a 50% off summer sale on their patterns. Coupon code is splash and the sale runs until July 5th. I picked up Alicia’s Birchbark sweater pattern!
- Also on Ravelry a new group emerged: Designed in Canada. It’s a great place to find Canadian designers!
- The Knitpicks.com summer yarn sale runs until August 4th. Check it out!
- Oh, and in celebrity news, Katherine Heigl revealed this week that she once considered quitting Hollywood and opening a knitting store. That’s something we can all relate to… well, not the Hollywood part, but the knitting store…. You know what I mean.
Have a great weekend!
Want to read more Friday Follow-Ups? Click here
What is Friday Follow-Up? My Friday Follow-Up is a weekly blog feature. Every Friday, I follow-up the online knitting events of the week with my own take on things.